January 2, 2012

2012 Goals and a Brief 2011 Review

I'm terrible at keeping resolutions so I generally give myself one goal to strive for. In 2011, it was to get an agent.

This year, I'm keeping it simple. My goal is to write two novels. I'm already world building the first. Whether or not I write the second book will depend on a number of things. But if not that one, then I'm sure I'll be able to find something else.

The things in 2011 that I'm MOST proud of:

♥ Starting a new blog. I already had a blog over on LJ, but I wanted one a) clearly separate from fandom and b) on blogger where the majority of the aspiring writers community seemed to be. It was scary and I had no idea what to blog about, but I don't regret it at all.

♥ Trial and error with a couple critique partners until I found Bluestocking, Mindee found me, and Anna and I sort of found each other :) I am so, SO lucky to have these ladies on my side.

♥ Sold a short story and a novella to two epublishers (under a pen name).

Signed with an agent o_o Same agent as my CP Mindee. We think it must be fate :)

♥ I never gave up. Despite the oftentimes crushing disappointment and the perpetual self-doubt, I knew that the most important thing was to not give up. Pick yourself up and push on, push on, push on.



Here's to 2012
 

Lori M Lee Copyright © 2010 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template Graphics from Questofdreams (Lori Lee)